Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Daily Encouragement


Are you feeling a little weak, discouraged, or used up today? Take heart! If you are in Christ, you have access to some awesome strength, power and sustainability, and all you need to do is to admit you need it and ask for it.

When I was walking through my trial of cancer and chemotherapy, there was not a day that went by that I was not physically weak, but I was also going through a struggle with depression though I did not recognize it. God spoke volumes to me about what weakness truly is and that is the best place to be in order to exemplify God's miraculous power and strength. Read through the following verses and insert yourself in the "tired" and "weak" and draw on the power of the Holy Spirit for your strength.

"He gives
power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak." (Isaiah 40:29)

"But this precious treasure—this
light and power that now shine within us—is held in perishable containers, that is, in our weak bodies. So everyone can see that our glorious power is from God and is not our own." (2 Corinthians 4:7)

"If I must boast, I would rather boast about the things that show how weak I am." (2 Corinthians 11:30)

"Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:10)

Now we come to the portion of Paul's prayer for the believers in Colosse, and I am making it my prayer for you today:

"We also pray that you will be strengthened with his glorious power so that you will have all the patience and endurance you need. May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father, who has enabled you to share the inheritance that belongs to God's holy people, who live in the light." (Colossians 1:11-12)



**There's still a little time left to register for the Princess and the P's Spring Retreat and scholarships available. Get away, get refilled and get refreshed!

No comments:

Post a Comment