Saturday, March 26, 2011

Daily Encouragement - The God Who Hears













On a scale of 1 to 10, how valuable to you feel today? What is it that tells you how valued you are? How do you know?

I learned some time ago that "people don't care what or how much you know until they know how much you care," and I thought, "Okay, I can deal with that." I cared a lot, so I gave a lot of advice when someone was in need of it. I was always the one talking! So there was a part of my understanding of "caring" that was missing that has only in recent years been revealed to me: if a person feels like they have been "heard," they will feel valued, and that is an amazing way to care for someone that most people do not practice in their relationships with others.

Here's what I want you to know, dear sister: even if no one else "hears" you, our Heavenly Father does because He values you--you are His dearly loved child.

"The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, he rescues those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:17)

Dearly loved child of God, know today that you are heard by the God of the Universe and your value on a scale from 1 to 10 is 100+!! Live today in response to this truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment